Chairperson Supervisory Board
Chairperson Supervisory Board
United Parcel Service Nederland B.V., UPS Small Pack
United Parcel Service Nederland B.V. (UPS Small Pack) is engaged in the delivery, pick-up and transporting of ‘Small Packages’; these are packages with a weight till 70 kilo.
UPS Small Pack is engaged in forwarding packages in the Netherlands from other UPS companies in other countries (deliveries), picking up packages in the Netherlands and forwarding these to countries all over the world (pick-ups), and transporting packaging within the Netherlands (domestic).
There are several operating facilities and a lot of customer points of access within the Netherlands (UPS centres and UPS Access Point locations).
UPS Small Pack has its legal seat in Amsterdam and its Dutch headquarter in Eindhoven.
UPS Small Pack focuses on the B2B-market as well as the B2C-market. The Company is growing successfully, despite the Covid-crisis and the Ukrain war impact. During the Covid-pandemic the growth of the B2C-market was above expectations as a result of the accelerated growth of e-commerce. Nowadays the B2C-market is 40% of the total turnover of UPS Small Pack.
The expectation going forward is to continue to realize volume and revenue growth substantially above market average. Amongst others via expanding the e-commerce business in the B2C-market.
The strategy of growth, in both the B2B- and B2C-market, is supported by investments in technologies and facilities, resulting in for instance the implementing of Saturday services, further shorten the time window of delivery, more customer access point locations, optimize the digital customer experience, etc. It’s all about speed, ease and no surprises.
United Parcel Service Nederland B.V. will install a Supervisory Board for the first time in its history in the Summer of 2022.
UPS Small Pack Chairperson of the new Supervisory Board
Since a new Supervisory Board will be installed, UPS Small Pack is looking for a Chairperson who is able to set up this board, initiate the right structure and culture within the board and in the cooperation with the Management Board and the shareholder(s)/affiliated companies.
Next to the general competences and the specific requirements for the Chairperson profile (mentioned in the profile which you find via the button 'Functieprofiel downloaden') the following is applicable.
The Chairperson should have:
- the ability to perform the chairperson role with a natural authority and flair;
- the personality, experience and knowledge to take a leading facilitating role, allowing each member to freely express opinions in a culture of openness and transparency;
- broad experience as Chairperson of (Supervisory) Board(s) in a Dutch two tier governance system;
- experience in (Supervisory) Board positions in international (corporate) environments;
- knowledge and be sensitive of the impact of decisions or critical situations for the company’s reputation and be able to formulate a clear opinion;
- good knowledge of governance and complex stakeholder management, including experience in balancing the interests of both the daughter company and the parent company/affiliated companies in a transparent and good manner;
- the added value and mindset to be a pleasant and valuable sparring partner of the Management Board;
- to meet the requirements as specified in one of the mentioned profiles of the Finance, Legal or Business role (see profile via 'Functieprofiel downloaden').
More information about this vacancy can be found via the button 'Functieprofiel downloaden'.
If this position matches your background and experience in all relevant competences, you are invited to send us your résumé (in English) along with a cover letter outlining the match between the position and your profile, via 'Online solliciteren'.